The car issue
To give a certain amount of background to the issue:
The first year after I moved into the city I didn't have a personal means of transport. Not even a bicycle. My movement in the city was left to the mercy of office cab drivers and not-so-friendly auto guys. Even after a looooooooooong "crying sessions" as expected there were no steps taken. I was hesitant to take the move of buying a new car because it was to be parked on the road. (Silly me) It was the decision from the higher echelons of power that their second hand tamilnadu registration car had to be used. Again as expected the decision to free-load on the old car was taken.
Many-a-times there have been fights about this issue. I felt so embarrassed after an accident to the car (which was no fault of mine) I just cant take the fact that I am free-loading on someone Else's property not to mention that I dont even have a cordial relationship with them!
To add to my owes TN CM "has" to make some sidey remark and fuel up the non-existent Kannada-Tamil fights. Every time this happens I am left to the mercy of auto wallahs.
I really do feel stifled, I have the financial independence I can take a decision to get myself a vehicle in minutes, even then I dont. Why? am I scared to take the plunge? Well, I would look at it as wanting to have a consensus in the family before doing anything. Which I dont think I will ever get! which just means I am stuck till anything dramatic happens or till I just wear-out on the last ounce of patience and say "I care sh** for your opinion"
Inshallah!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home