Sharing enthusiasm!
As usual was just reading newspapers online. Kumble's 600 wicket record, great, felt good for him. But when I was reading the item I was strangely reminded of an incident with my dad.
I was a teenager back then, was a computer geek. My dad who has not refused a lot of things to me got me my second computer a P3 box with internet and works. Not to mention that it was my 2nd box and I was only 17yrs old at that time.
There was a cricket show hosted by some bald guy on Jaya TV. It used to ask some questions to which we had to email the answers.. Whoooo.. groovy idea back then. And everyday my dad used to ask me to send that email. I assiduously did; but it would bounce back right on my face.
My dad didnt understand the concept of mailer daemons, when I tried to explain the impatient man that he is, used to blame me for not sharing his enthusiasm. One day I was really in some other world (u know teens!) he asked me to send "Answer: Umbrella fielding" in the email. I looked at him and said "Spell it out" He got so pissed that he stormed out of the room and went to an internet cafe.
Today I feel rather guilty for doing that :( and not to mention the guilt is topped by the fact that I refused a second drink to him in a dinner I hosted.. He has never refused anything I wanted. Except some unreasonable demands :) sigh!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home