Vetaiyadu (gory) Viliyadu
Hmmm.. I paid 170 bucks to get back home with a heavy heart! (Will publish a different post about how exorbitant prices are in bangalore.) ;)
Well it was a nicely done movie. But gory thy middle name Vetaiyadu Viliyadu.
To explain the movie in a couple of steps:
1. Woman shown on screen for 30secs
2. She is molested / just simply killed (Poor K.Mukherjee, lasts only for 1 song and 2 lines of dialog)
3. Her body bisected
4. Thrown into a ditch
5. Kamal finds out the body
There is too much of violence against women shown on screen. It is really scary. Yeah I know u fans out there saying "Not that it doesn't happen in the world" Sure it does, but it does leave a bad after taste seeing it on screen. How many parents who have girls/ppl who have younger sisters , enjoyed watching Mahanadhi? I would term VV on similar lines.
And to potray Jothika using a plastic cover to kill herself. Sure does put ideas into impressionable minds. Yeah the same kinda scene did figure in Aasai. Damn you directors!
The screenplay is good, The movie does go on a fast pace. Except in a few places. The Goa song is really not necessary. Sure does hamper the speed of the movie.
Kamal has done a wonderful job (as usual). Hasn't over-acted. Really lived as Raghavan. He does look smart for his age. I would like to agree with Thara. The romance has been under-played. Apt for the age bracket that Kamal has been potrayed in. I really liked that bit.
Overall... :( I wouldnt buy the original DVD.

1 Comments:
Its probably new to tamil movie goer, but haven't we seen movies like 7G Rainbow Colony, which make u sick to the stomach? The one flaw in the movie is that the serial killer doesn't frighten you as much as Jeevan in Kaaka Kaaka. I guess thats y the gory murders are not justified.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home